Super Easy Cat Coaster!!


I love making these!! Definitely one of my favorite fast projects and they are so cute!! I mean, who doesn't love cats!! These are so simple to make and you can do them in whatever colors you want and these work up so fast, you can make a full set in less than a day!


Super adorable, right? So these I did in an ivory tweed and brown but it works for whatever colors you want to do! I also used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn! It is one of my favorites to use because it is so soft! This could totally work for whatever yarn you want to pick too and you could even use some of your leftover yarn balls you keep stashed! 

What you'll need: 

  • 6 mm crochet hook
  • yarn (duh! 😺) As long as it is medium weight (4)
  • scissors
  • yarn needle

Abbreviations:

  • Chain (ch) 
  • Slip Stitch (sl st)
  • Single Crochet (sc)
  • Half Double Crochet (hdc)
  • Double Crochet (dc)



Instructions:

So, when I start these I like to do the slip not with the short end so that way I can pull it tight when I am finished. That way you don't end up with a big hole in the center.
Round 1- Ch 4, 9 dc in the 4th ch from the hook. sl st to join.
Round 2- Ch 3, 2 dc in each stitch till the end of the round. sl st to join.
Round 3- Ch 3, *2 dc in 1st stitch, 1 dc in next stitch* Repeat * to * till the end of the round. sl st to join.
Round 4- Ch 3, *dc in the next 7 stitches. 2 dc in every 8th stitch* Repeat * to * till the end of the round. sl st to join.

For the ears, you'll work backwards around.

(Ear 1) ch 1, sc in 1st stitch to the left of ch, hdc in next stitch, 2 dc in next, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch, hdc in next, sc in next, sl st in next 4 stitches, (Ear 2) sc in next, hdc in next, 2 dc in next stitch, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch, hdc in next, sc in next, sl st in next 2 stitches. 

Weave in ends and then you have kitty coasters!! 




pub-2537575722452096

2 comments:

  1. A stitch count would be so helpful...and if you are counting the chain three as a stitch or not. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern. I appreciate your sharing of this pattern! When doing round 3, I end up with 3 leftover stitches. I’ve ripped this out 3 times. Do I just do a Dbl in them? Thank-you! 😊

    ReplyDelete

What to do with all your scrap yarn!!

So I'm sure you also have a big stash of scraps and leftover yarn like I do! Now the question is, what do we do with it! Well I have ...