Awesome yarn storage ideas!!


I am always trying to figure out exactly how I want to organize my yarn! I can't wait till I can finish setting up a craft room or "donating" a wall in my bedroom to all my crafts. Until then, I will continue to find other ways around my house to contain my yarn. Right now I have my yarn in two different places, one of those cool 3 tiered rolling carts (mine is not from ikea, I got it at Aldi's) in my living room and that holds my laptop and notebooks and all the yarn things I use on a daily basis. It's a mobile office! That way it doesn't get out of control and look like "mom's yarn stuff" exploded in the living room. It's all in one spot and the kids know that it's my stuff. I can't tell you how many times I found my toddler "yarning just like mommy" and then I have to spend 30 min untangling what she created.


In my bedroom, I have a bookshelf (got it at target for super cheap, just needed something temporary) that holds all the yarn I don't have a project for yet and a crate full of all my yarn balls. On top, I have two baskets that hold my finished hats and scarves (still trying to find a place for my finished blankets). It works out pretty good right now. I just always hated putting my yarn in a tote and sticking it in the closet or under the bed because I like to look at it. 😂 I'm sure I am not alone in feeling that way!

It's not perfect right now but it works. Next project, hanging crates on the wall above my desk in my room and then that will become the new yarn station! I'll let y'all know how it turns out! pub-2537575722452096

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do with all your scrap yarn!!

So I'm sure you also have a big stash of scraps and leftover yarn like I do! Now the question is, what do we do with it! Well I have ...