Easy Knit Toddler Hat


I am a newbie to knitting but I love it so much already. I think I have made 6 hats so far after just learning how to knit in the round on circular needles around 2 weeks ago. It was definitely a lot different than crocheting, that's for sure! This is probably my favorite hat I have made so far. It is a little toddler/kid beanie I made with some leftover Caron Sprinkle Cake yarn and it turned into a cute little cupcake hat! My 4 year old loves this one! But here is how I made it so y'all can see how easy it is too! (Keep in mind, I am a newbie knitter so I am still not 100% sure on all the knitting terms)

What you'll need:

  • 10 mm circular knitting needles (16 in)
  • yarn needle
  • scissors
  • stitch marker
  • 1 skein of chunky yarn

Instructions:

Cast on 34 stitches. Join so you are working in the round and mark that 1st stitch with your stitch marker to keep track of your 1st stitch for the round. 
I used the knit stitch all the way up for 26 rows. 
Then I trimmed the tail to around 18 inches, fed it through the last row of stitches on my needles, cinched and tied off. 
Topped the hat with a pom!





pub-2537575722452096

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do with all your scrap yarn!!

So I'm sure you also have a big stash of scraps and leftover yarn like I do! Now the question is, what do we do with it! Well I have ...