How to crochet a bun hat with an elastic hair tie!


I love this bun hat! One of my favorite ones I've made so far! Its so cute, so warm and it's a little slouchy (of course its also super easy to make it more fitted just by leaving out a few rows and I will make a note in the pattern where you can do that). I made this one for my friend and she loved it, especially since she has had a hard time finding a bun hat that fits comfortably over her dreads. I also used one of the giant hair ties so it's ten times easier to stretch over your bun! 

What you'll need:

  • Elastic hair tie
  • 2 skeins of yarn (I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby, and you won't use the full two skeins.)
  • yarn needle
  • scissors
  • 6 mm crochet hook

Abbreviations:

  • Chain (ch)
  • Slip Stitch (sl st)
  • Skip (sk)
  • Single Crochet (sc)
  • Double Crochet (dc)

Instructions:

You'll start by doing your chain around the elastic hair tie. Ch 53 around the hair tie.
sl st to join
Round 1- ch 3, dc in each ch around. sl st to join.
Round 2- ch 3, *dc in the next 15 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch*, repeat * to * till the end of the round. sl st to join.
Round 3- ch 3, dc in each stitch around. sl st to join.
**Round 4- (switch colors) ch 3, *2 dc in next stitch, sk*, repeat * to * till the end of the round. sl st to join.
Round 5- (switch colors) ch 3, *2 dc in next stitch, sk*, repeat * to * till the end of the round. sl st to join.**
**repeat rounds 4 and 5 till you reach round 15 (or round 12/13 for a more fitted hat)**
(switch to the opposite color from the top of the hat)
Round 16-20- Ch 1, sc in each stitch in the round. sl st to join.
Weave in the ends.


pub-2537575722452096

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do with all your scrap yarn!!

So I'm sure you also have a big stash of scraps and leftover yarn like I do! Now the question is, what do we do with it! Well I have ...