Adorable Pom Pom Baby Blanket

 

I made this super easy Granny square blanket for my youngest and added some poms on the corners because who doesn't love poms!! She loves it and it is super soft and the poms make it easy for her to drag it around wherever she goes. I didn't follow any pattern. Just started with a granny square and kept going until it was the size I wanted and then added the poms! This would make the perfect gift for anyone in your life who is about to have a new baby or has already had one! Everyone loves a handmade gift. I'll tell you how I made mine!

What you'll need:

  • 3-4 skeins of whatever yarn you feel like using. I used 3 sweet rolls.
  • 5.5 mm crochet hook
  • yarn needle
  • scissors
  • pom maker

Abbreviations:

  • Chain (ch)
  • Double Crochet (dc)
  • Slip Stitch (sl st)
  • Skip (sk)

Instructions:

Start by Ch 4. Do 2 dc in 4th ch from the hook. *ch 2, 3 dc in same stitch.* 
repeat * to * 2 more times till you have a square. sl st to join and then sl st across to the corner. 
Row 2 - ch 3, 2 dc in same corner. ch 3, 3 dc in corner. *ch 1, 3 dc in next corner. ch 3, 3 dc in same corner.*
 repeat * to * 2 more times around the square. sl st to join and sl st across to the next space. 
*Row 3- ch 3, 2 dc in space. ch 1, 3 dc in next space (corner) ch 3, 3 dc in same space. ch 1, 3 dc in next space. 
Repeat until you've worked all the way around the square. sl st to join.

*Repeat steps in row 3 around until desired size of baby blanket (or adult blanket)

Once you've reached the end, weave in the ends and add your pom poms!! 


pub-2537575722452096

No comments:

Post a Comment

What to do with all your scrap yarn!!

So I'm sure you also have a big stash of scraps and leftover yarn like I do! Now the question is, what do we do with it! Well I have ...